Can you tell I like doing these portraits? They’re fun to make and I’m loving how the shading and hair looks.
Tonight’s girl is very purple.
It’s a work in progress.
Here is the link to tonight’s painting.
I took 2 days to paint it. I was not feeling my best last night and, honestly, I didn’t know what I was going to paint for the focal image. I thought about a woman, back to the viewer, but ultimately decided on the dying flower.
- Liquitex professional acrylics: Naphthol Crimson, alizarin Crimson
- Liquitex basics: titanium white, neutral gray value 5
- Golden acrylic Mars black
- Grumbacher Academy dioxazine purple
That’s it. A very limited, moody pallette that completely suited my mood the past few days.
I am not a fan of lost purples so these canvases were a challenge for me. However, today’s paintings aren’t done yet but I’m not wanting to make a ton of noise at midnight with the heat gun. I’ll finish them up tomorrow.
- Liquitex basics acrylic paint: dioxazine purple, prism purple, brilliant purple, deep violet, quinacridone magenta, light blue, phthalocyanine blue, Mars black
- Liquitex professional gesso