Tonight I painted 3 small canvases. Here is the link to the 366 Days of Art post.
I like how they turned out. All different with a white flower tying them all together.
- Liquitex professional Naphthol Crimson, alizarin Crimson, cadmium orange
- Golden acrylic paints cadmium red light, and cadmium yellow light
- Golden acrylic colours phthalo green, light green yellow, green gold, cadmium yellow light
- Liquitex basics brilliant yellow green, light green
- Liquitex professional acrylics Naphthol Crimson, cadmium orange
- Golden acrylic colours phthalo green, light green yellow
- Pebeo iridescent copper
I started with the two small canvases – 3″ X 9″ but I had so much paint that I grabbed the third canvas which is 6″ X 6″. I wanted to make the backgrounds super bright and layered with a simple flower in the foreground. I like how the turned out.
Side note: I’m making canvases because I have my first show of the year next weekend so I need to build up some stock! Although I really need to think about how I’m going to display all this now. Things to think about.
Ok, hopefully today is a better day technologically speaking. Here is the materials list for yesterday’s journal page.
- Liquitex professional gesso
- Liquitex basics acrylics
- cadmium orange
- cadmium yellow light
- cadmium red light
- light blue
- Tim Holtz distress stains
- ground espresso
- mustard seed
- barn door
- Tim Holtz distress paint – picket fence
- Faber-Castell Pitt pens
- Staedtler triplus fineliner
- Neocolor II watersoluble wax pastels
- Prima soft neutrals watercolour pencils
I got a late start today. Honestly, I would have rather been off to bed instead of heading upstairs to paint. It’s been a long day. I will say though, I’m pleased with how it ended up.
And a single, big black and white flower. I used my Golden carbon black as the base. I’ve decided I don’t like the Liquitex Mars black that comes in the basics kit. It’s not black enough and I really like that the Golden is a heavy body paint.
I’m thrilled with today’s art and am super glad I pushed myself to do it.
- 300 Series Strathmore 9″ X 12″ Drawing Journal
- Primo 5B Charcoal
- Pranc 3B Drawing Pencil
- Faber-Castell White Eraser and Perfection Pencil Eraser with Brush