Poppies – WIP
I’m calling this a work in progress still because I’m not sure it’s done.
It’s changed quite a bit from last night. The flowers have much more colour to them (kinda loving them, no lie) and more depth. I took a very quick video of how I made one of them:
The bottom was made with a palette knife and layers of colours scraped over the canvas. I tried to keep it a very simple colour scheme. A couple shade of red, brown, black, two greens, yellow and white gesso. By blending them to various degrees it made the whole thing pretty interesting.
So I like how it is currently but I’m not sure it’s complete. I’m going to leave it on my desk for a while to see if I’m inspired to add more or change anything.